[3830] ARRLDX SSB K0MD M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, drscott.wright@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB K0MD M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2018 00:12:08 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K0MD
Operator(s): K0MD AC0W K4IU W0BM AI0M
Station: K0MD

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: MN
Operating Time (hrs): 38

  160:    9     8
   80:   57    35
   40:  130    56
   20:  629    91
   15:  110    40
   10:   21     9
-------------------
Total:  956   239  Total Score = 682,584

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

Radios: Icom 7851, Icom 7600
Antennas: Force 12 C49XR, N6BT SS3E, Magnum 240n Stack, Sigma 80 Vertical
dipoles in a 4 SQR array, Magnum 160VX2
Amplifiers: Acom 2000a, 1500

This was a first M-2 effort at K0MD among MWA members.  Harder to do than
anticipated.  I was ill Friday night so we delayed the start until around noon
Saturday. We enjoyed teaching a new contester (Ai0m) the ropes on this one. I
also enjoyed watching the others work Europe on 40 and JA on 20 with greater
ease and less effort than they usually do at their home stations.

Comments:  Start delayed due to operator illness.

Perceptions: Band conditions seemed very weak to us, fewer DX stations were on
compared to CW contest and last year

Shining moments: Nice runs to Japan, having several ops stop to say hi after
breaking a pile up to work them.

Final thought:  If this is what contesting is like near the Sunspot Cycle nadir,
perhaps we will take a vacation for the nadir and plan to operate in the
Caribbean instead!