[3830] ARRLDX SSB N9TF SO Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n9tf@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB N9TF SO Unlimited LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2018 00:52:44 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: N9TF
Operator(s): N9TF
Station: N9TF

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 9.7

  160:
   80:    7     7
   40:   15    15
   20:   55    54
   15:   27    27
   10:    7     7
-------------------
Total:  111   110  Total Score = 36,630

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Did not plan to play in this contest, but wanted to give the P40L team as many
bands as possible. Ended up playing anyway, but not serious at all. Conditions
were tough for 100 watts and low hanging antennas. Every single contact made was
a challenge. Got CQd in the face more times in this contest then in all contests
together. Pretty bad when 6s and 7s beat you out for EU DX! And then there was
the central and South America path where the east and west coast were blocking
me out! I just made a game of it to see how many unique total DXCC I could work
and wanted to work at least 100 Qs and 100 mults. Mission accomplished! Worked
67 unique DX total. I invested a lot of time trying to work HP3SS and ZP9MCE,
both of which CQd in my face. HP3SS at times on 15m was 10 over!!
Glad I wasn't taking this contest serious as it could have been very
frustrating.
I could not believe how many frequencies I ran across where there were more than
two stations on just about the same frequency running! Give me CW any day :)

73 Gene
N9TF