[3830] ARRLDX SSB N3RS SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n3rs@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB N3RS SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2018 01:55:14 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: N3RS
Operator(s): N3RS
Station: N3RS

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: EPA
Operating Time (hrs): 34:17
Radios: SO2R

  160:   26    22
   80:  176    62
   40:  344    87
   20:   93   100
   15:  309    87
   10:   29    18
-------------------
Total: 1823   376  Total Score = 2,055,216

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Well,I’m glad this one is over.  Conditions were poor enough that I never even
heard a single deep Asian or oriental station, much less saw one spotted on any
band.  On top of the really poor conditions that left 10M a wilderness of sorts,
the nor’easter that hit us on Friday & most of Saturday caused widespread
wind damage in the Philadelphia metropolitan area.  In my local area we never
had an extended power outage, but trees falling on power lines caused many brief
power fluctuations each hour for many hours that tripped the protection circuits
in my Acom amps and put me in standby for the full startup cycle.  VERY
frustrating!

Along with this, some sort of power line fault to the west-northwest of this
location occurred very early Saturday morning and generated an S-8 noise level
on all bands when the antennas were pointing from north-northwest to due west.
This resulted in the loss of several usually reliable multipliers and virtually
no JA stations in the log compared to my normal results.  That said, I kept my
old but in the chair as long as I could for the sake of our aggregate club
score.  GO FRC!!