[3830] ARRLDX SSB WB8WKQ SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, seismadude2@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB WB8WKQ SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2018 02:32:05 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: WB8WKQ
Operator(s): WB8WKQ
Station: WB8WKQ

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: MICHIGAN
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    1     1
   80:   37    30
   40:   77    41
   20:  241    75
   15:   78    38
   10:   17    10
-------------------
Total:  451   195  Total Score = 263,835

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Well, what a blast for my first "rodeo" with ARRL DX.  Wasn't even
going to play in this one.  Didn't get started till Saturday morning and was
only going to make a quick 50 Q's and call it a day.  Like Lay's Potato chips,
you can't just make one Q.  I decided to rest the amp and play barefoot. Well,
that's a whole new ballgame. I was 100% "S&P" as you guys call it.
Waiting in line to work a DL or EA station was a bit frustrating, but definitely
a challenge.  This indeed was a part time effort, but had a lot of fun, and
probably "honed" some skills being low power.  Fun to see a brief
opening on 10 meters Sunday afternoon.   Only one Q on 160, but didn't spend
much time there.