[3830] ARRLDX SSB N7MZW SO Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n7mzw1@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB N7MZW SO Unlimited LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2018 03:07:47 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: N7MZW
Operator(s): N7MZW
Station: N7MZW

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: Cheyenne,WY
Operating Time (hrs): 27

  160:    0     0
   80:    4     3
   40:   26    16
   20:   77    36
   15:    9     7
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  117    63  Total Score = 21,735

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

IC-706MKIIG,Heil Pro-Micro Headset on Vox, and a ZS6BKW G5RV up 50 feet, running
N-S at 6,053 feet elevation from Laramie County.Tough Contest with only one
contact on 10 meters, and much weaker than normal signal strength on other
bands. Several DX stations were glad to hear my "Wyoming" announcement
of the rare mult and told me so.(Glad to help.)Even the JA's on 20 required more
than one try. 80% of the spots I clicked on were to weak to hear, or required
that I come back later and try again. I think that the assisted category would
be a whole lot more fun with a tower,beam,and Amp.South America gave me 38
contacts for 32% of total,Europe-31 Q's for 26%,North America 23 Q's for
20%,Oceania 14 Q's for 12%. Average miles per DX contact was 4,413 miles.Another
Boy and his Wire low power adventure is in the books.