[3830] ARRLDX SSB W1OO(@K1ESE) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB W1OO(@K1ESE) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2018 10:24:46 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: W1OO
Operator(s): K1ESE W1HIS
Station: K1ESE

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Maine
Operating Time (hrs): 39
Remote Operation

  160:   11     9
   80:   84    47
   40:  135    60
   20:  353    81
   15:  104    42
   10:   16     7
-------------------
Total:  703   246  Total Score = 518,814

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

One operator at station K1ESE, one remote W1HIS.

Murphy -
Remote didn't work as well this time.  Internet latency required closing
non-essential software on the computers.  It hurt to lose the NaP3 panadapter
for the remote K3.

Lost time when K1ESE forgot to switch the antenna to the remote K3 at one
point.

The DVK on the Flex quit working.

High local noise on 15m and 10m was also a problem.

You can get away with wire antennas for the higher bands (we had two doublets)
in a CW contest, but not so much on SSB.

Neither of us are fans of SSB contesting, but each year we have bitten the
bullet for the club (YCCC).  WE did better than last year, but expect everyone
did.  Never came close to catching K1KP.

We had fun at times and there was a lot of boredom.  As they say, "they can
never take the experience away from you".

Thanks to Joe and Mike for the use of W1OO.  Turns out to be a good SSB call as
well a a fine CW call.

K3 for remote, Flex 6500 for local
SPE Expert 1.3k amplifier, HF-Auto tuner
240' doublet, 60' doublet, both up 80'