[3830] ARRLDX SSB VE3VN SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3vn.fn25@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB VE3VN SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2018 14:18:46 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: VE3VN
Operator(s): VE3VN
Station: VE3VN

Class: SOAB LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 11

  160:    7     6
   80:   28    24
   40:   61    42
   20:  266    67
   15:   78    42
   10:    8     5
-------------------
Total:  448   186  Total Score = 249,984

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

An epidemic threatens to overwhelm the amateur bands. Yes my friends, a
previously indolent disease has grown by leaps and bounds in recent years and
threatens the health of all. This is of course the disease known as CITA:
contest induced temporary amnesia. The main symptom of which is a failure to
remember one's own call sign. Even prompts of 'your call?' from helpful passers
by often fail to nudge them into recollection of who they are.

The disease appears to be exacerbated by the stress of multiple callers. Since
no cure is imminent the only known way to gain relief from symptoms is to leave
them in peace by spinning the VFO. As the stress level declines their memory
returns. Donate generously and perhaps one day we can relegate this horrid
disease to the history books. We can only hope.