[3830] ARRLDX SSB W3HKK SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w3hkk@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB W3HKK SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2018 15:01:14 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: W3HKK
Operator(s): W3HKK
Station: W3HKK

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 5.8

  160:    4     3
   80:    9     9
   40:   44    33
   20:   80    50
   15:   12    11
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  149   106  Total Score = 47,382

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Casual 5.8 hrs s&p'ing on all bands with  my HP all-wire antenna station.
Sigs not great. DX was more limited to the Carrib and western Europe than Ive
seen in years, proof we are near the bottom of the ssc.

Looking for new ones or at least semi-rare ones   turned up just a handful.
Nice to work KL7RA on 40 and 15.  Really big sigs  appeared to EU in the closing
hours on 40m, and a modest opening on 15 helped keep interest off the floor.

Not much from VK/ZL/Pacific other than the  usual bevvy of KH6's.

Maybe my timing was off, but Asia/Pacific/Africa were almost nonexistent.  even
the JA's, so  powerful in the CW test were just spotty and much weaker here in
central OH.  I see the ionosphere was semi-disturbed by the solar wind, which
may account for the  big drop-off from the CW test.