[3830] TBDC KV4FZ Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC KV4FZ Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2018 20:47:20 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Spring

Call: KV4FZ
Operator(s): KV4FZ
Station: KV4FZ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: U.S.Virgin Islands
Operating Time (hrs): 9.5

Total:  QSOs = 145  Total Score = 1,820

Club:

Comments:

Was able to get a few extra sections of the tower up just before the contest and
with the stinger on top was able to get a 100-foot base loaded vertical. No
beams yet for top loading)but adding 6 radials seemed to really make a
difference. I missed several hours at the start since the cage feed was blowing
into one of the guys and made it impossible to work anyone.  My son and I with a
flashlight saw that we could get back on by tying a rope to the bad cage wire
and pulling it away from the guy just enough to get back on.  Very sparse
activity and plenty of local IX for nearby KP2 Klix machines.  The NW Beverage
was not working, probably ants again in the switching box) so I worked most of
the stations on the EU beverage which was relatively quiet and allow me to null
out the local interference problem. Best DX was UY7VV and UX1UA for 27 points
who called me out of the noise with a very nice signal.He was followed by YO2GL,
HG6O, and LY2XW for 26 points. Lack of EU congestion allowed a few EU stations
to work me but mostly at their sunrise. Was hoping to work more West Coast but
without a working antenna that way it was nearly impossible except for N5RO,
K6SRZ, W6DR, and W7FI who took about 20 minutes to get his grid.