[3830] WiQP WI9WI SO Mobile LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jhfitzpa@wisc.edu
Subject: [3830] WiQP WI9WI SO Mobile LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2018 23:41:39 +0000
                    Wisconsin QSO Party

Call: WI9WI
Operator(s): WI9WI
Station: WI9WI

Class: SO Mobile LP
QTH: 6 counties
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:      0       0
   80:     10       0
   40:    137       0
   20:      3       0
   15:      0       0
   10:      0       0
    6:      0       0
    2:      0       0
  UHF:      0       0
------------------------
Total:    150       0  Mults = 44  Total Score = 26,250.0

Club: Four Lakes ARC

Comments:

Twenty third year of operating the WIQP mobile. My main goal was to operate from
some new counties in my never ending goal to operate the WIQP from every
Wisconsin county SO Mobile solo. This year I bagged 6 new counties, FON, DOD,
SHE, WAS, OZA, and MIL. I now have 13 to go, all in the northeast part of the
state. One of the issues with doing this is the QSO party is only 7 hours long,
and I spend a lot of time driving between counties. For safety reasons I do not
operate while driving. Some may be able to do it, but I can't. This year I spent
more time driving than operating. The shortest drive was between FON and DOD, 3
minutes. It was literally across the road. The longest was between DOD and SHE,
84 minutes. Actual operating time was about 3 hours. I had a few problems. The
main ones were RF getting into the computer early on even though it had checked
out fine in the driveway on Saturday. Some ferrite, cutting the power to 75
watts,  and rearranging a few cables cured that. Apologies to those to whom I
screwed up a few QSOs. The other was I continue to have antenna problems on 80
meters. I thought I had fixed them, but it was not to be so. I could load the
antenna with the K3's tuner, but I was only putting out about 15-20 watts. This
is not good when the best band was 80. Gotta work on that. You know 40 is long
when you work Italians before 2 PM local with 75 watts and a mobile antenna.
Twenty was a wasteland. I CQd on 20 at least 5-10 minutes in each of the first 5
counties, and garnered all of 3 QSOs.

More new counties next year.
Thanks to all for the QSOs

73