[3830] VaQP K1RZ SOAB/MixedFixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k1rz@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] VaQP K1RZ SOAB/MixedFixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2018 02:55:12 +0000
                    Virginia QSO Party

Call: K1RZ
Operator(s): K1RZ
Station: K1RZ

Class: SOAB/MixedFixed HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 17.6

  160:
   80:   28    137
   40:   19      4
   20:    1      1
   15:    1      1
   10:    1      1
    6:           4
    2:          49
  UHF:          36
----------------------------
Total:   50    233      0  Mults = 83  Total Score = 40,670

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Always find it a special challenge to work the Virginia QSO Party from across
the river in Maryland.  I try to lower wire antennas to try to get best signal
into nearby Virginia.  And I adjust some wire antennas to resonate on other
bands.  And then find I run a combination of powers - high power where I have a
good match, and low power where I let the transceivers ATU match a somewhat off
resonance antenna. I really appreciate the sponsors for organizing the VAQP
event and also the many, many mobiles who drive across the state, plus the other
fixed stations across Virginia.   Thanks everyone and 73.   Dave