[3830] Rus DX VE3NNT SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, lesbrown@sympatico.ca
Subject: [3830] Rus DX VE3NNT SO CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2018 16:28:28 +0000
                    Russian DX Contest

Call: VE3NNT
Operator(s): VE3NNT
Station: VE3NNT

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: fn14cm
Operating Time (hrs):
Remote Operation

  160:    0     0         0         0
   80:    3     0         3         0
   40:  101     0        34         6
   20:  224     0        49        25
   15:    0     0         0         0
   10:    0     0         0         0
Total:  328     0        86        31  Total Score = 207,675

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

I was in and out of the shack during a period of about 9 hours when I had a few
minutes to play. I never managed a successful run. It was difficult to break
through the wall of Europeans working each other. Atmospheric noise got really
bad later in the contest, which made 80m operation almost impossible for me with
an S7 noise floor. Propagation here wasn't so good either. My spring project
will be to get a better antenna for 80m and to install a 160m antenna.