[3830] WPX SSB KI7M SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ki7m@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB KI7M SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2018 02:28:20 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: KI7M
Operator(s): KI7M
Station: KI7M

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs): 8hr09m

------------
  160:
   80:   56
   40:   43
   20:  184
   15:   24
   10:
------------

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Not too serious with WPX since I was already worn out from 160 CQSSB and ARRL
IntDXPhn. WPX is a contest I actually got my highest QSO's count over 2000 in
2010 if I recall right with 1,598,855 points. It's a different contest of course
with the multipliers being prefixes rather than countries or zones. Also of
course stateside counts too like 10 meter countest. Sunday got to be a lot of
fun because it was the first time in along while I have been able to develop
pileups calling me. Have not been able to do that even from JA's in recent years
and I find it very enjoyable to find I can still do it. One thing I come  up
with is the thought to have multiple antennas dipped in for 80 meters because
even with a good Palstar tuner it always seems to need adjusting to get the SWR
down. And I find droping from 3790 Khz down to 3750, 3700, 3650 is more
challenge than I want during certain times in contest. This one especially can
be challenging to work both DX (which I love) and locals with the same antenna.
Something to work on.
40 meter 4-Square worked pretty well. Hytower and Maxcon 80-6 meter OCF dipole
is where I want to use the tuner more. Just not enough bandwidth vs. strong
signal. Noise was not too much of a problem. Got reminded the mults are for any
band, not per band.