[3830] WPX SSB AE0EE SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ae0ee@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB AE0EE SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2018 07:22:35 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: AE0EE
Operator(s): AE0EE
Station: AE0EE

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: MN
Operating Time (hrs): 16

------------
  160:   17
   80:   79
   40:   57
   20:   80
   15:    8
   10:    1
------------

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

100 W, dipoles up 5-10 m.

I had been hoping to put in a strong effort for this one, but some health issues
and poor band conditions got in the way.  Voice contests and a sore throat don't
mix well.

I managed to work a few stations and hand out the AE0 multiplier, though it was
tough going most of the contest.  There were lots of very loud stations who
couldn't hear my 100 watt and wires station.  I was especially frustrated by the
number of South American multipliers I had to leave on 15 m because they
couldn't hear me, despite S9 or S9+20dB signals on this end.

Around 0800z Sunday 80 m was open to Brazil, but I wasn't able to work it for a
new entity on that band.  While not for new ones, some of the big western-EU and
Caribbean stations who are usually very easy to work also didn't make it in my
log, despite the high numbers they were sending.

I only made one contact on 10 m, which was with my only 6-bander (and close
neighbor), NG0C.  We found each other while calling the Brazilian station on 80
m in the middle of the night and worked our way through all the bands,
culminating in a nice chat on 10 m.

For next time: more BIC!  It might also help to have lower A/K indices too.  I
made some use of the voice keyer, but probably could have done more.

Thanks for the QSOs, and I hope to hear you on the air in May!