[3830] WPX SSB VA7BEC SO(A)AB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB VA7BEC SO(A)AB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2018 07:36:12 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: VA7BEC
Operator(s): VA7BEC
Station: VA7BEC

Class: SO(A)AB LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

------------
  160:
   80:    3
   40:  144
   20:  459
   15:   22
   10:
------------

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Extremely hard to hear and be heard by stations in EU and AS -- even JA, which
usually provides terrific QSO potential. 20m and 40m were the best bands, with
very odd propagation on 15m. Basically, 15 was a washout except for a fabulous
line into the Caribbean and the northern coast of South America. Weird but
wonderful. :)
Given CONDX and crowding on the productive bands, it was hard to hold a
frequency long enough to enjoy a run without getting QRM'd. Thought I was the
only one who responds to stations that I think are answering my CQs, only to
find that the faint and possibly slightly off-frequency station is actually
calling another station. But it appears to have happened to many people. Not
that it's a good thing, of course, but I'm glad I'm not the only one that this
happens to.
Many thanks to all the US stations who responded to my CQs and helped me exceed
my initial target of 500 QSOs.
See you next time.
Rebecca VA7BEC