[3830] WPX SSB NM2O SO(A)SB20 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nm2o@outlook.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB NM2O SO(A)SB20 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2018 16:11:33 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: NM2O
Operator(s): NM2O
Station: NM2O

Class: SO(A)SB20 LP
QTH: NNY
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:  659
   15:
   10:
------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

WPX was the second running with new antennas on the tower. The 20 Meter antenna
works and the 40 Meter does not. I felt like less than QRP on 40. It's
interesting to note which operators can work a QRP immediately and which CQ'ed
in my face.

Conditions seemed much better on Saturday. The K index was 4 at the end,
conditions did seem down the last few hours. A few Japan stations were spotted
by west coast stations both days, but I heard none of them. That's unusual.

On Saturday morning, I head some HS and YB stations calling Europeans. UA9 were
very loud. So, a world-wide opening around 12Z.

On Saturday:
20 meters was wall to wall stations.
Finding a run post was very difficult.
Lots of S&P. Interesting to spot people and hear the resulting pile up.

There will be several "not in log" for some EU stations. I noticed
several times when a second station came back to a call. The weaker station
seemed to vanish and I didn't get them logged.

On Sunday:
20 sounded much quieter, but fewer stations to work. Noted higher absorption
near the end. (K=4 at the end.) Working some CA stations was hard, not sure
where they were beaming. The big European stations seemed as strong as Saturday,
but smaller guys seemed absent. There seemed to be a disturbance around 19Z.

It's difficult to work close in guys on backcatter with low power. I need to get
the amp out of storage.