[3830] WPX SSB YO9HP SOSB40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB YO9HP SOSB40 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2018 17:06:41 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: YO9HP
Operator(s): YO9HP
Station: YO9HP

Class: SOSB40 HP
QTH: Pleasa, Romania
Operating Time (hrs): 30

------------
  160:
   80:
   40: 1198
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

I decided to challenge the old YO record on SO-HP-40M (1127 Q/1.7 M pts),
expecting a consistent flow of EU prefixes and some good runs of 6 pts calls (W
+ JA). Now, when the contest is over, I admit that the first assumption was
right, but no success regarding the W/JA propagation. It is hard to believe that
in such big contest, I worked 4 x JA calls and 16 x W calls only!!
So, the lowlight is the propagation, but the highlight is that the operation
itself was quite easy, with enough breaks (30 hrs of operation), allowing me
also some family activities.
It was strange to hear several stations with similar voice pattern, then I
realized that they all used the same synthesized voice from W1VE software DVK. I
was planning myself to install this software, but I was busy all week, so
finally I operated using IC-7300 DVK and my own voice.
Since I ended with 10% over 2004 record and I had the chance to say hello to a
lot of contest friends, I have to admit that it was (again) a great contest.
See you all in next contests! 73, Alex YO9HP