[3830] WPX SSB W6YX(N7MH) SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB W6YX(N7MH) SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2018 11:19:29 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: W6YX
Operator(s): N7MH
Station: W6YX

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: Stanford
Operating Time (hrs): 35
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:
   80:  116
   40:  969
   20: 1074
   15:  514
   10:   21
------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

I started out slowly with not much success CQing toward JA on either 15 or 20
and mostly S&Ping mults in the Caribbean and South America. Eventually 20
got better and I ran there until about 0300 when I switched to 40. I took breaks
from about 0400 to 1000 on both days.

The first day I tried to maximize 6 and 3 point QSOs and to work as many
European mults as I could during the brief openings. I heard some EU on 40 but
didn't work any. I heard IR9W on 15 on the second day while beaming toward South
America but couldn't make a QSO and didn't hear any other EU on 15. Of 123
Europeans worked on 20 all but about 10 were from S&P.

I had several productive hours dual-CQing (2BSIQ) on 20 and 15 with average
rates of 115 per hour and a peak hour of 139. This was mostly 1-pointers and
later included some Asia (JA/YB mostly). At 0100 on the second day I moved to 40
and because I hadn't run much on day one I had a great run for 3 hours of 170,
186 and 156, all on one radio.

I had some good runs on 20 on Sunday but couldn't really get much going on 15 so
mostly pounced on packet spots. I found an opening to CE, PY and LU on 10 on
Sunday which was good for a few mults.

15 finally opened to JA a little after 2300 on Sunday but I had to QRT at 2320
for a family event so I may have missed most of it.

73,
-Mike, N7MH