[3830] MoQP W0H(AD0DX) Rover Multi-Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ad0dx@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] MoQP W0H(AD0DX) Rover Multi-Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2018 01:38:20 +0000
                    Missouri QSO Party

Call: W0H
Operator(s): AD0DX
Station: W0H

Class: Rover Multi-Op LP
QTH: MOBILE
Operating Time (hrs): 18

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
----------------------------
Total:  463    180      0  Mults = 65  Total Score = 71,990

Club:

Comments:

That was fun!  Thanks for all the qso's.  My wife is my driver and we set off
south from Kansas City for George Washington Carver National Monument in Newton
County.

I worked both CW and SSB and as others have mentioned did not work many MO
stations.

I had a lot of engine noise on 40 and so I spent most of my time on 20.

I did work a station in Alaska so that was fun.  I had a nice qso with an
Alberta station that was booming in from Lloydminster.

On Saturday we stopped at the Osceola Cheese Factory; it's nice to be back in
Missouri.

The grass is a lot greener here in Missouri, it is still brown in Colorado.

I worked DL3DXX a number of times. I missed working Laci OM2VL along with
everyone else.  I also worked Ecuador.

Somehow I managed to stay up to 11pm on Saturday.  I had my 80m Hustler vertical
on my truck in front of our friends house in Kansas City where we stayed for the
weekend.

I had fun during the MOQP posting on Facebook during the contest.  At one point
I entered a new county and I posted the new county on Facebook and for the
frequency I put a picture of my radio with the frequency visible in the
photograph.

I did use the MOQP spotting page once or twice, but I mostly used Facebook only
because it's so easy to post to Facebook.

I use N1MM+ for logging, I have a K3 with a keyer and Hustler mag mount
antennas.

Thanks to the organizers for all the hard work that goes into planning and
executing the MOQP.  Hopefully soon we will have enough participation in the
MOQP that someone will get a sweep of all 115 MO Counties.

73's,

Ron W0H / AD0DX and XYL Cathy

ps. the birdwatching at George Washington Carver was excellent