[3830] MiQP N8FYL Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] MiQP N8FYL Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2018 18:31:31 +0000
                    Michigan QSO Party

Call: N8FYL
Operator(s): N8FYL
Station: N8FYL

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MI
Operating Time (hrs): 10

   80:   99     78
   40:   57     48
   20:    2      2
   15:
   10:    1
--------------------
Total:  159    128  CW Mults = 59  Ph Mults = 59  Total Score = 52,628

Club: L'Anse Creuse ARC

Comments:

Rig: Icom IC-7610
Antennas: G5RV/ZS6BKW at 55 ft, 80M dipole at 30 ft.

What Fun! I put up my 80M dipole at about 30 feet for the contest, hoping to
work more Michigan counties via NVIS propagation on 80M. It did seem to play
well. I didn't spend any time making A/B antenna comparisons during the contest
because - well I wouldn't be making Qs then! I did MUCH better than last year's
10980 score. About 3.5 hours more operating time and more time running certainly
helped. I think the spectrum scope on the IC-7610 contributed too. I can see
where the signals are and tune quickly vs the old slowly turn the knob method.
Propagation was such that I didn't hear or work any stations in 6 or 7 land
except for one lone AZ station on 80M SSB at 0249z whom I don't think was
"in" the contest. Certainly not "NVIS" propagation on that
contact.  My single 10M contact was with KA80 multi/multi operation located a
few miles away who asked if I could QSY, and I did!