[3830] MiQP K8MQP(@W8MJ) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k8cc@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] MiQP K8MQP(@W8MJ) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2018 05:09:52 +0000
                    Michigan QSO Party

Call: K8MQP
Operator(s): K8CC KE8OC W8MJ WR8W
Station: W8MJ

Class: M/S HP
QTH: LIVI
Operating Time (hrs): 12

   80:  121    142
   40:  122    236
   20:   24    129
   15:    0      0
   10:    0      0
--------------------
Total:  267    507  CW Mults = 81  Ph Mults = 92  Total Score = 180,093

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Activity seemed to recover nicely from the Easter Weekend QSO drought last year,
 I noticed that several of the very active out-of-state stations were giving out
numbers *mush* higher than last year.

Very surprised that 40 went long so early in the contest, making it impossible
to hear/work in-state staions (particularly the mobiles). We sensed that this
was happening and cut back on our usual high rate 40 PH running to search for
in-state mults (and mobiles) on 40CW & 40PH.

In recent years, 80/75 has not been very productive for us,however, this year
80/75 were terrific.  We saw the rate indicator hit 180 in bursts on 75 PH while
80CW be near 80 until the band started to get worked out.

The biggest disappointment was the number of stations whoi turned down out
request for a quick QSY to CW for a mult.Perhaps It's not surprising when the
station has a new 2x3, but even familiar 1 x 2s turned us down.

Thanks to everyone who got on in MiQP and thanks for our QSOs.

73, K8CC, KE8OC, W8MJ, WR8W
K8MQP Operating Team