[3830] CWopsT W2NRA LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w2nra@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT W2NRA LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 02 May 2018 15:03:28 +0000
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1300Z May 2

Call: W2NRA
Operator(s): W2NRA
Station: W2NRA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NY
Operating Time (hrs):

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:  40
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  40  Mults = 40  Total Score = 1,600

Club:

Comments:

Not a very good effort on my part. Started in S&P mode. I had a local hum
all over 40 meters and it was crowded. Not only did I have the usual difficulty
in getting thru durng the 1300z CWT, I had trouble hearing when I did get thru.

So I went to Run mode and didn't do well there either, nerves. I was fine when I
got the call right but with any doubling of callers I'd sometimes get the call
wrong. I'm not very good on making corrections though I have practiced a lot.
Nerves, I guess and kept typing the correction wrong. I apologize for holding a
couple of members up with the corrections.  Fritz, K4AOQ, I did get your call
right. I will practice more. I only had 12 QSOs in that run and 3 call error
correction.

Funny thing happened in setting up the 1300z CWT. I entered my CWOPS # as 1911
in the setup section. My number is 1955. Fortunately I have my number hard wired
into the macro key file, so no sending errors. So why 1911?  Can you guess? . .
. Hint - W2NRA.  I'm a gun nut and my all-time favorite handgun is a 1911 Colt
45 ACP.  Hey I though that was funny. Does anyone else equate 1911 to gun?

PS It's the US Army's fault - they made me Batallion Armorer (Vietnam '68).

Thanks for the QSOs, 73 Art W2NRA 1955