[3830] 7QP N7MZW SO(A)SSB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] 7QP N7MZW SO(A)SSB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 06 May 2018 08:06:14 +0000
                    7th Call Area QSO Party

Call: N7MZW
Operator(s): N7MZW
Station: N7MZW

Class: SO(A)SSB LP
QTH: Cheyenne,WY
Operating Time (hrs): 16.5

  160:   0       0      0
   80:   0      33      0
   40:   0     431      0
   20:   0     323      0
   15:   0       0      0
   10:   0       0      0
    6:   0       0      0
    2:   0       0      0
----------------------------
Total:   0     787      0  Mults = 50  Total Score = 78,700

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

START-OF-LOG: 3.0
CREATED-BY: N3FJP's 7QP QSO Party Contest Log 2.8
CONTEST: 7QP
CALLSIGN: N7MZW
LOCATION: WY.
CATEGORY-OPERATOR: SINGLE-OP
CATEGORY-STATION: FIXED
CATEGORY-TRANSMITTER: ONE
CATEGORY-POWER: LOW
CATEGORY-ASSISTED: ASSISTED
CATEGORY-BAND: ALL
CATEGORY-MODE: SSB
CATEGORY-TIME: 16.5-HOURS
CATEGORY-OVERLAY: TB-WIRES
CLUB: Grand Mesa Contestors of Colorado
CLAIMED-SCORE: 78700
OPERATORS: N7MZW
NAME: Chuck Williams
ADDRESS: 3601 Dillon Ave. Apt B
ADDRESS-CITY: Cheyenne
ADDRESS-STATE-PROVINCE: Wyoming
ADDRESS-POSTALCODE: 82001
ADDRESS-COUNTRY:
EMAIL: n7mzw1@gmail.com
SOAPBOX: IC706MKIIG,Heil Pro Micro Headset, MFJ-939 Auto Tuner, and ZS6BKW
(modified G5RV) up 50 feet, running N-S at 6,053 feet elevation in Cheyenne, WY.
Missed ME and Alaska for WAS during the contest. Only VE worked was AB and BC. I
beat my 2016 and 2017 7QP score. 55 % of all contacts were on 40 meters. 41%
were on 20 meters. Worked no one on 10 or 15 Meters.4% of my 787 contacts were
worked on 80 meters. I worked 3 stations in Hawaii and 5 VE stations. No exotic
DX heard at all. I heard the other end of WY at 5/9 +20 on 20 meters! $0 meter
QRN was rough at times. The hardest thing about 7QP is the fact that almost no
one gives the correct FIVE LETTER EXCHANGE GROUP (as clearly described in the
7QP rules. It would help everones's rate and therfore score if 7 Land would
simply give 2 letter state abreviation, followed by a 1-2 second pause, and then
the 3 letter abbreviation. Thye other drag with 7qp "drive by's" is
when they give the county that is not needed or desired, (unless they are in
another contest that occurs during 7QP. Another (mostly) fun time with 100 watts
and a single ZS6BKW  wire antenna. When will we have a "Wires Only/No
Tribander or Beams Category? HI-Hi!  Thanks to all that worked me.November Seven
Many Zebras Walking