[3830] 7QP NA6O(@N6RO) SO(A)CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] 7QP NA6O(@N6RO) SO(A)CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 06 May 2018 13:55:49 +0000
                    7th Call Area QSO Party

Call: NA6O
Operator(s): NA6O
Station: N6RO

Class: SO(A)CW HP
QTH: Livermore, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 9.5
Radios: SO2R
Remote Operation

  160:
   80:   71
   40:   94
   20:  147
   15:   25
   10:
    6:
    2:
----------------------------
Total:  337     0       0  Mults = 75  Total Score = 75,825

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Flex 6600M, Amps x2, Yagi stacks, 80m 4-sq, N1MM all via remote.

First time running a "real" contest remotely with the basic and
somewhat limited-performance SmartLink. Worked ok, requiring lots of brain-fills
for internet dropouts and an odd feel to timing to make up for all the delay.
This setup isn't intended for serious contests and I'd say a QSO party is pretty
much the limit. Got used to having no sidetone but it's still strange! Flex
filtering got a workout and by golly it performs very well indeed. SO2R with my
single ear is basically a means of quick band changing and the big panfall
displays were super helpful and quite addictive. Not too many QLFs but more
practice needed.

Compared with last year's category-winning entry from my now-crippled home
station, Qs were up slightly, but mults were way down (75 vs. 120) though I'm
not sure exactly why. Put in 3 hours less time and missed 40m prime time so
maybe that was it. Everything is easier with the big station though.

Worked NE and IN at the same time (never heard a DE ???). Next to CQP, this is
my favorite QSO party weekend. Good level of activity and a fine turnout by the
rovers and county line splitters.

Thanks to Ken for sharing the station with me and for turning stuff on and off.