[3830] 7QP N8II SOMixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N8II@aol.com
Subject: [3830] 7QP N8II SOMixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 06 May 2018 20:21:01 +0000
                    7th Call Area QSO Party

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: SOMixed LP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): 11.9

  160:    0      0
   80:   36      0
   40:   66     21
   20:  131    238
   15:   29      2
   10:    0      0
    6:
    2:
----------------------------
Total:  262    261      0  Mults = 134  Total Score = 175,272

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Wow, a 25% score increase over 2017 and all bands seemed to be better except for
20M mid day. A beginning moderate solar storm actually seemed to enhance
conditions on 80 (especially), 40, and 20 after sunset. Some of the 40 and 80
meter signals were amazing, N7XU/M was decent copy as was W7POE near Seattle who
is never loud anywhere. I was still S&P'ing at about 60-70 Q's/hr at 04Z
when I stopped, left some Q's on the table. In 2017 my 80 CW total was only 7
Q's, 40 CW 48, and 40 SSB 12, and 15 CW was 11. 15M was very underutilized with
some booming signals at times with WA, ID, AZ, and NV coming through over S9 at
times. So, a lot of you missed a chance to increase your score. 15 phone dropped
below critical mass; I called a few CQ's around 21300 and 21351 KHz several
times when there were loud signals on CW.
The running on 20 phone went very well which cost a few CW mults, but overall
increased the mults. From 2220Z until 01Z, I was mostly running on 20 phone and
most of the time had no QRM. The ops in western WA and southern AZ were really
out in numbers, but as usual Clark, NV was very rare. Around 0020Z, I got precip
static on the 20M yagi which hampered copy and at 01Z it was bad enough to stop
the run. K7RE/M was missed as were some others, mobile activity seemed down. Mid
day all of the mobiles except K7TQ in WA/ID were unreadable/unfindable to very
weak. Many thanks to K7TQ and N7XU for running routes many hours and for many
Q's. Thanks also to KK6MC and KC0W mobiles worked several times. Also, think I
worked N7N in NV at all of their stops; they seemed to be everywhere at first
stop at White Pine/Eureka, NV with Q's on 40 through 15 CW and 20 phone!

Many thanks to all for a fun event as usual and for all of the rare counties and
QSO's. The casual ops on 20 were out in big numbers, thanks! It will be
interesting to see how this years scores compare to poor 2017 conditions.

73, Jeff