[3830] Volta RTTY K4GMH SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4gmh@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] Volta RTTY K4GMH SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 13 May 2018 15:57:00 +0000
                    Volta RTTY DX Contest

Call: K4GMH
Operator(s): K4GMH
Station: K4GMH

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 15
Radios: SO2R

   80:   47    21
   40:  176    45
   20:  206    45
   15:    1     1
   10:
-------------------
Total:  430   112  Total Score = 284,481,120

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Thanks for all the QSOs. Also, thanks for all the patience with answering my
request for repeats.  The majority of the time the problem was on my end due to
a series of thunderstorms moving just north of my Virginia QTH.  With the
antennas pointed to Europe, the storms were in-line with the direction of the
antennas.

The received signal, call and message, usually was strong enough to have been
copied had it not been for the storms.  This was the situation from approx.
2200Z until I called it quits at 0530Z.

The band conditions took there toll on my wanting to keep operating. Frustrating
to hear stations calling yet not be able to make out the call or, once getting
the call correct, not being able to get the message information to confirm the
QSO.

Thanks, once more, for all the patience with answering my request for repeats.

(Still fun just knowing you scored over 200 million points! in a RTTY
contest:>)

  73,
  Mike, K4GMH