[3830] CWopsT KU8E(@W9SN) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ku8e@ku8e.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT KU8E(@W9SN) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 24 May 2018 04:25:44 +0000
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 0300Z May 24

Call: KU8E
Operator(s): KU8E
Station: W9SN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TN
Operating Time (hrs): 1:00
Remote Operation

------------
  160:
   80:  28
   40:  29
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  57  Mults = 50  Total Score = 2,850

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Flex Radio 6500 - 100 watts
40 Meters - 2 over 2 Yagis - bottom fixed to EU/top rotatable
80 meters - 2 element delta loop - switchable NE/SW

I got an email a couple days ago from Steve, W9SN asking me if I would be
interested in joining his team which be operating the CQ WPX CW Contest this
weekend. All of the operators will be operating the station remotely over the
internet - K1ZZI,AA4CF,WW4LL,W9RNY and myself. W9SN and K0XV will physically be
at Steve's station for the contest.

Steve and I spent the last couple evenings getting all the software I needed
loaded on my computer. I took the station for a ride tonight in the CWT. Last
time I used a Flex Radio was maybe a couple years ago at WW4LL, so I was pretty
rusty on how to use one. Plus I had to become familiar with the Green Heron
software to choose the antennas and rotate the antennas.

This was a new experience for me as it was the first time I've ever operated a
radio remotely over the internet. My score wasn't all that great but it was
really cool to try something new. I'm really looking forward to this coming
weekend. I think we are using W9SN in the contest but not sure. When I'm not
operating with them I will be using my home station and handing out the rare KU8
 prefix.

Jeff KU8E