[3830] WPX CW NN5P(K5PI) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, robert.k5pi@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW NN5P(K5PI) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 May 2018 00:17:00 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: NN5P
Operator(s): K5PI
Station: W5KFT

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 36
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:
   80:   13
   40:  816
   20: 1351
   15:  443
   10:   17
------------

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

This was my first full-time WPX in almost ten years.  One thing or another
always seems to get in the way.  Thanks to my buddy Madison for the use of the
call.

Conditions seemed surprisingly good.  40 was good, but the JAs weren't as
plentiful as I hoped.  20 was fantastic Saturday night -- I haven't seen it stay
open so late in quite a while.  15 was solid -- looking forward to those longer
openings, though.  And from Texas, it seemed like 10 could become a party on
Sunday mid-day, but it didn't catch on.

I blew the dust off my AL-1200, and it was a champ.  I wondered if that dust
might be responsible for the odd smell at the beginning.  Or maybe it was the
remnants of the bees that got into the radio house this week (thanks for getting
those cleared out Bryan), but in fact it was an RCS-8 switch box transformer
that got blazing hot for some reason.

Thanks all for getting on this weekend.