[3830] WPX CW VE3NNT SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, lesbrown@sympatico.ca
Subject: [3830] WPX CW VE3NNT SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 May 2018 00:23:56 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: VE3NNT
Operator(s): VE3NNT
Station: VE3NNT

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: FN14CM
Operating Time (hrs): 35:49

------------
  160:
   80:   95
   40:  547
   20:  897
   15:  284
   10:   47
------------

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

It was the best of times. It was the worst of times. Things started out
reasonably well Friday night, but the static on 80 was unbearable (S7 average
with much higher peaks). I guess I need a better antenna than an inverted V. An
optiBeam OB2-80S is in the plans. A big storm followed the static of course and
we lost power. I was off the air for about 2 hours of prime time, but I luckily
had a generator to hook up to get me back on before they restored the power.
Fortunately, I decided to run the station locally rather than using my remote.
Conditions were better Sunday. 40m was really hopping during the last hours of
the contest, and people kept coming out of the woodwork on 20m near the end. I
had my best run at the end. Given the sun spot cycle, It was nice to see 10m and
15m openings. My rotor really got a workout though. I need some fixed antennas
on these bands too.
Thanks for the Q's. It was a blast.