[3830] WPX CW K0NM SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, mullani@tlite.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW K0NM SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 May 2018 00:40:01 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: K0NM
Operator(s): K0NM
Station: K0NM

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: STX
Operating Time (hrs): 28

------------
  160:
   80:   21
   40:  491
   20:  956
   15:  176
   10:
------------

Club: Texas DX Society

Comments:

I thought I was going to keep Dave, K5GN, company from the Club, but, I could
not sit any longer after 28 hours of operation. Conditions were not the best
form me on 40 and 80 meters. Too much noise and static crashes. The money band
was 20 meters and it was crowded like the subway in Tokyo at rush hour.

I set my goal at 1000 QSO's and decided I was going to run 90% of time. By
midday Saturday, I had reached the 1000 QSOs and the score was around 700,000.
So, I set my new goal of 1,000,000 score. It did not take long since the score
increases rapidly with higher number of QSOs. So, after the 1,000,000 points,
the new level was 2,000,000. By that time, my butt refused to cooperate. Also,
the QSO rate went down forcing me to S+P. So, I gave in and quit after 28 hours
of operation.

It was fun. It was good to connect with people from all over the world. My only
suggestion for this contest should be that it should have a handicap system like
in golf. This way, us 75 years old dudes can compete with the younger guys who
are faster, better and have great stamina.

Nizar K0NM