[3830] WPX CW PJ2T(WI9WI) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jhfitzpa@wisc.edu
Subject: [3830] WPX CW PJ2T(WI9WI) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 May 2018 01:12:59 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: PJ2T
Operator(s): WI9WI
Station: PJ2T

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Signal Point
Operating Time (hrs): 32.5

------------
  160:    0
   80:   51
   40: 1001
   20:  827
   15:  929
   10:    0
------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

My first foray over 10M in this one. I made it with 15 minutes to spare. Somehow
I don't think the small buffer will stand up to the log checking. I had planned
a full bore effort, but a bad chest cold/cough took a bit of the wind out of my
sails and I ended up taking more time off than I would have liked. I thought the
band conditions here were great for this part of the cycle. Day 1 was better
than day 2. The openings Sunday were later and shorter and to less geography
than Saturday. The low bands were amazingly quiet for almost summer in the
Caribbean. Eighty even provided some QSOs, when often it has S9 noise in late
May. Activity was excellent, and I never ran out of stations to work. As always
thanks to Geoff W0CG/PJ2DX and the Caribbean Contesting Consortium for the use
of this great station and location.

Gear: Minimalist operation. 1 radio: K3, one amp: AL1200, one computer. Lotsa
aluminum and copper.

Thanks to all the great ops for the QSOs.

73
Jim WI9WI