[3830] WPX CW W4QO M/S TB-Wires QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jim@w4qo.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW W4QO M/S TB-Wires QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 May 2018 03:05:15 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: W4QO
Operator(s): W4QO KN4MKM W4CCH W8LLX
Station: W4QO

Class: M/S QRP
Class Overlay: TB-Wires
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 13

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:   74
   20:  167
   15:   34
   10:
------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

KX3 @ 5 watts - 3 ele yagi + 80M horiz loop + 40M EDZ

Goal has been to invite new hams or hams new to CW over to enjoy some ideas on
contesting.  Although non-competitive, we had a ball on Saturday and Sunday PM.
Three guests were initiated into the W4QO QRP CONTEST TEAM (LOL)

We snagged 60 countries and all continents.  Not bad for casual QRP operation.
My guests really enjoyed working the keyboard and figuring out the exchange from
the station we worked.  Yes, they used a CW decoder to confirm some exchanges.
They were interested in the spotting network and how to move quickly in the
S&P mode which is the norm for QRP operating.

Tnx for digging us out.