[3830] WPX CW KU1CW(@K2PO) M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bill@conwellpdx.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW KU1CW(@K2PO) M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 May 2018 04:54:39 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: KU1CW
Operator(s): KU1CW WS7L KN7K R7RF K2PO
Station: K2PO

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Oregon
Operating Time (hrs): 48

------------
  160:    1
   80:  197
   40:  789
   20: 1763
   15:  338
   10:    4
------------

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

'A fun weekend dedicated to the Joy of CW, with just a few glitches thrown in to
keep things interesting...

20m was great at the start:  European after European filled our log for the
first six hours.  Unfortunately, those good times didn't last.

20m was naturally the primary band this weekend, and most of the weekend was
spent trying to dig out 3 point European QSOs, one by one.  A total of 601 20m
Europeans finally made their way into our log.  (In contrast, only 252 20m JAs
made it.)

15m was pretty disappointing (e.g., just 19 South Americans), although we
managed to log 17 Europeans and 12 Asians - mostly on Sunday.

The low bands were largely filled with static crashes and QSB.  Lots of repeats.
 The log check report won't be pretty.  But that's where many of our points come
from in this part of the solar cycle, and in this part of the country (thanks to
53 JAs on 80m, and 227 on 40m).

KU1CW and WS7L camped out here most or all of the weekend.  KN7K and K7RF
provided much-needed relief on Saturday afternoon/evening.  Thanks to this first
rate crew for a first rate score in challenging condx.  And thanks to everyone
for the repeats and the CW-fest!

73,
Bill, K2PO
Portland, OR