[3830] ARRL June VHF K7XC SO 3Band LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K7XCNV1@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF K7XC SO 3Band LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2018 09:15:41 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  52     40  Total Score = 2,240

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

This event started very slowly with grinding out local QSO's. It soon became as
much fun as watching paint dry. The PSK Reporter website showed the Eastern Half
of the USA literally overflowing with contacts while the map showed ZERO
activity in all of Nevada. This went on for almost all the contest. Sunday
Morning began with a glimmer of hope with MSK144 Meteor Scatter (MS) contacts
slowly adding to the QSO total. Midday brought weak hints of Double Hop FT8 to
the East Coast which lasted for 3 or 4 hours but never became wide open like we
wished. Later Sunday afternoon activity on 6, 2, and 432 SSB/CW popped up making
it possible to work several of the local grids on 3 bands for some much needed
Multipliers. The last minutes were spent bouncing between bands looking for one
more mult without any success. While this wont break any records or be
competitive with scores from my region let alone the Eastern states who had a
feeding frenzy all weekend, It was refreshing to dust of my skills from the past
and grind out each and every contact till the very end. Thanks to all who put me
in their log! 73s from Northern Nevada.