[3830] ARRL June VHF N6VI Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF N6VI Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2018 22:19:19 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  245    55  Total Score = 17,545

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

This was another thrown-together effort from the shack behind my house and was
all analog, as usual.  The short Yagis for the higher bands were on poles six to
eight feet up. My score was about half of last year's, all due to lower 6-meter
contact and grid counts.  That's life west of the Rockies, it seems, but I
wonder how many contacts were not made on SSB and CW because people were sitting
on FT8 all weekend.

The little 1.2 GHz radio failed mid-contest, so I hooked a 1.2 handheld to the
antenna and completed all but two of the attempted contacts on that band.

It was good to hear some relatively new (KM6) calls getting on for the contest
as well as some long-time / big-time HF contesters.

Thanks for contacts and the attempts.

73,

Marty N6VI