[3830] All Asian CW WN6K SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, WN6K@cox.net
Subject: [3830] All Asian CW WN6K SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2018 00:03:29 +0000
                    All Asian DX Contest, CW

Call: WN6K
Operator(s): WN6K
Station: WN6K

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Vista, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 14:05

  160:    0     0
   80:   19    13
   40:  196    69
   20:  128    58
   15:   47    33
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  390   173  Total Score = 70,757

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Conditions this year were just weird. Local band noise was sometimes so loud I
could not copy signals that were buried in the mush. This was mostly on 15 &
20m.The First night I did mostly 40m as that band was the quietest.

The second day Saturday seemed a bit more settled and mults and scores tried to
climb out of the ashes at times. Broke at sundown here and came back to the
radio at 0911 UTC. My FT-5000 was still sitting on 15m from afternoon mining,
and lo and behold at zero dark thirty in the morning at the BOTTOM of the cycle
out of the muck pops signals from Japan on 15m.  They were basically working EUs
but I managed to attract a dozen of so and then went to 20m and worked a bunch
there. The resultant mults accumulated changed the bottom line scoring from
disaster to keeping me entertained quite a bit.

Sunday morning on 20,I could hear Cyprus but it was a one-way megaphone.

A 12db change in the score kept any reading time for naps.

Youngest age 20 - oldest 93.

Thanks for the Qs,

WN6k, Paul