[3830] CWopsT RM2D(SM6LRR) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT RM2D(SM6LRR) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2018 04:13:13 +0000
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 0300Z Jun 21

Call: RM2D
Operator(s): SM6LRR
Station: RM2D

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Vereya
Operating Time (hrs): 1

------------
  160:
   80:   2
   40:  12
   20:  17
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  31  Mults = 27  Total Score = 837

Club:

Comments:

I have said it before... but something really needs to be changed in scoring for
CWT, otherwise the interest from other continents than North America will
disappear completely.

We have a nice 20 meter opening and I call at least 10 stations in the US (yes,
no Canadians behave like this)... Instead of trying to pull out weaker
Europeans, stations are so much in a hurry for the QSO number euphoria, that
they simply do not bother. They hear us, they get half the call, but then
patience is lost and the 40 WPM CQs start again. A bunch of new NA shows up on
the frequency and we have to nicely place ourselves in the line and wait until
the last NA has finished his exchange.

Then another try, and the NA station hears part of our call again, and never
bother to listen twice.

Come on guys, do you want CWops and CWT to be an all US affair?  If yes, fine,
and don't expect any growth or increased participation from the rest of the
world.  If not (I hope), change the rules and award DX (outside of own
continent) the value of 3 QSO points instead of just one point.

Yes... I know, this is not a real contest (at least reading the rules), but
believe me, 8 out of 10 US stations considers it like that, so then better align
the scoring to this understanding and make sure the rest of the world has an
incentive to get up at 5 AM to work you guys!

73 de Mats RM2D

PS, there are great exceptions to this, and those guys know who they are. You
are all very much appreciated by all us non-US guys, remember that!  Just to
mention one, thanks Bill K3WJV for finding me on 40 meters, despite weak
signals. Yes, we have daylight now for 2 hours at least at the time when you
called me and gave me a point. That is GREAT operator skill and patience!