[3830] ARRL FD K7XC 1C HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7xcnv1@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD K7XC 1C HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2018 21:18:37 +0000

  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  177    378     39  Total Score = 640

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Wasn't as prepared in time to run the generator from home and be Echo class so
ran on commercial power as Delta class which ruined my score as i would say
almost 1/3 of all callers were 1D and zero points. I wasn't on for a FD score
but looking for WPXs, Grids, and other counters while mainly interested in
creating a LOTW submission for the Grid Chase while looking for new 6M FFMA
grids / DXCC countries. I did work the VP9 on 6M for a new one and a few new
FFMA grids. The best part was this is Field Day after all... It was just FUN!
Used an old IC746 driving a Ameritron AL-80B to 750W that fed a 3ele 20M
Monobander at 43ft, and a 40M Inv Vee at 38ft. 6M was barefoot at 80W into a
homebrew 6 ele yagi up 27' on SSB/CW only. I worked a ton of folks on 6M FT8
over the weekend but that was all grid and DXCC hunting as I wanted no part of
struggling with a FD exchange on FT8! All in all a successful weekend spent
indoors hiding from the heat. I love going portable for FD but once you reach a
certain age where its more work than fun its best to punt and do what you can
with what you already have. Thanks to all who pulled me out of the noise on 6M.
Now 20M on the other hand was a blast being a big fish in a pond full of
portable stations. 73s and see you all later for IARU Radiosport and the CQ July
VHF Contest. Now... Where is the KH1 hiding?