[3830] ARRL FD K7RL 1D HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD K7RL 1D HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2018 01:20:42 +0000

  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

On a scale of 1 to 10, conditions were a 6.5. There, I put a number on it.

10 defined as, "Wow, this is amazing, everyone is loud and this is
easy!"

1 defined as, "Wow, why is everyone so weak, and why is there so damn much
noise?"

10m started with a bang at the opening bell and lasted less than an hour, and
that was it for Field Day, despite the band being open all week. Go figure. Now
that the contest is over, I suppose the band can resume being open again.

As 10m disappeared, I moved to 15m and caught what little propagation remained
there. 20m was okay, but unfortunately suffered from crazy static levels. I
tried heroically to copy those stuck in the noise, and I think I got most, but
just flat out couldn't get everyone - sorry about that. QSB was pretty wicked at
times too.

At times, everyone in the pile up was about the same signal strength, so I'd
only catch a letter or number. Add static crashes and QSB to the mix, and
well...tough sledding. Thanks to those ops for your patience and repeats.

40m was good, but the long daylight hours aren't number friendly for a night
time band. On the bright side, 80m seemed much better than normal, especially in
the morning.

Thanks to everyone for the Qs!

73, Mitch, K7RL