[3830] ARRL FD W0RRC 3A LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ae0ee@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD W0RRC 3A LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2018 01:43:39 +0000

  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:   37    109     41  Total Score = 1,280

Club:

Comments:

Joint Field Day between the Richfield Amateur Radio Club and the Bloomington
Amateur Radio Association.

In addition to running SSB, CW, and FT8 on HF and 6 meters, we made a contact
through the CAS-4B satellite, had short courses on programming handhelds, and
held a mini-foxhunt for interested hams and visitors.

For most of the weekend the bands were in tough shape.  At the start (and for a
while before) we had an opening on 6 m, but it closed within the first half hour
or so.  Sunday the 6 m opening came back, but it mostly served to let us hear
stations in the southeast working into Europe.  HF propagation also seemed
better on Sunday, with the signals more steady than on Saturday.  There were
some 10 meter openings as well which we were happy to see!

We were fortunate to have good weather throughout, with no rain (or snow!) and
warm but not insufferably hot temperatures.  Over the course of the weekend we
had 53 operators, friends, and visitors come to our site.