[3830] IARU WI2E SOABCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, joseph.obrien@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] IARU WI2E SOABCW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2018 16:02:39 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: WI2E
Operator(s): WI2E
Station: WI2E

Class: SOABCW LP
QTH: EPA
Operating Time (hrs): 20
Radios: SO2R

  160:    7     0       1       1
   80:   89     0      10      12
   40:  203     0      17      31
   20:  273     0      21      36
   15:   75     0       7      10
   10:   11     0       4       1
-------------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

I'm always thankful when family schedules align in a way I can operate this
contest seriously. This now makes it three years in a row.

At this point in the solar cycle, I need to do something about my high band
antennas (low wires in a valley) as the first eight hours were tougher than
usual. Also adding to the morning struggle was S9 hash that showed up for the
first time ever; fortunately, it passed after about 30 minutes of me thinking I
was going to have a very short contest--and now I have some work to do to figure
out what caused it.

Thanks to everyone for the QSOs and especially to the NU1AW/9 160M op who worked
very hard to dig my signal out of the noise and give me my only six-bander!

Rigs: K3, K3S
RX antenna: K9AY loop
TX antennas:
10 & 20M: inverted vee at 35 feet
15: vertical
40 - 160M: 80M 1/4 wavelength inverted L

73,
Joe
WI2E