[3830] IARU W5KFT(K5PI) SOABCW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, robert.k5pi@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] IARU W5KFT(K5PI) SOABCW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2018 18:19:04 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: W5KFT
Operator(s): K5PI
Station: W5KFT

Class: SOABCW HP
QTH: STX
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:    38            6        3
   80:   213           13       12
   40:   694           25       35
   20:   803           27       38
   15:   493           17       17
   10:    94            6        3
-------------------------------------
Total:  2335    0      94      108  Total Score = 1,387,942

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Yikes!  I overslept and woke up with 15 minutes to get ready.  Fortunately, I
worked hard to get everything set up and so I was in the driver's seat at the
opening bell.  Made a boneheaded antenna selection error at the start that made
my first hour about half of what it should have been.

Had to do swap out a K3 for a TS-590 after a few hours, but no other technical
glitches.

WRTC competitors were smoking!  It was hard not to get distracted into hunting
them.  Good luck to all.

Funny thing happened when I worked W1FOX.  He gave me zone 7, but I wasn't 100%
sure so I asked him to confirm.  He sent his exchange again and I sent TU.  I
then called CQ and heard "NR7 RR" so I sent "TU" and another
CQ.  Again, I hear "NR7 RR".  Okay dude I got it -- no wait -- that's
NR7RR calling me!