[3830] IARU W4GE SOAB(A)Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, schmiera@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] IARU W4GE SOAB(A)Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2018 20:13:40 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: W4GE
Operator(s): W4GE
Station: W4GE

Class: SOAB(A)Mixed HP
QTH: SC
Operating Time (hrs): 8:20

  160:    7      0      3       0
   80:   54     16     12      18
   40:   99     48     16      33
   20:   52     24     20      19
   15:   10      0      4       3
   10:
-------------------------------------
Total:  222     88     55      73  Total Score = 103,808

Club: $199 CC

Comments:

I wanted to participate in this one given the book entitled Contact Sport.  It's
a good read about the 2014 WRTC, for those who haven't read it.  (Amazon).

It was a fun contest, but I lost most of the daylight hours on Saturday to
social events and yard work.  But I spent most of the evening and night in the
chair.

Tested out my new KPA1500 which ran like a champ, especially after I upped the
ATU retune threshold from 1.4:1 to 1.7:1 SWR.

Conditions were not very favorable, but workable.  Best DX:  KH6LC.

TX Antennas:  80/160m 70 ft Vertical, 40m Vertical with elevated wires, K4KIO
Hexbeam at 12m.

RX antennas:  NE Pennant, Pixel Loop.

Rig: Elecraft K3, KPA1500, Array Solutions 6 pack, N1MM+

Thanks for all who heard my signal and answered.  The comradery of the
contesting crowd is comforting given our divisive state of politics.

Rick,
W4GE