[3830] IARU W6YA SOABCW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IARU W6YA SOABCW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2018 20:17:58 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: W6YA
Operator(s): W6YA
Station: W6YA

Class: SOABCW HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:
   40:   14
   20:   99
   15:
   10:
-------------------------------------
Total:  113     0      0        0  Total Score = 15,776

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

The only goal I had in this contest was to work WRTC stations under less than
favorable conditions.  As it turned out, 20m was great for Europe all day long.
Propagation forecast by VOACAP was extremely accurate, predicting peak times
during the day on 20m for Berlin from my QTH near San Diego.  I managed to work
60 of the 63 WRTC stations, but the strongest ones were only S-5.  I heard none
of them on 40m in the evening among other Europeans, so shut down about 10pm.
It was lots of fun to dig through all the loud signals to find the weak ones....
a fun hunting experience without any use of spotting networks.