[3830] IARU W7YAQ SOABCW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IARU W7YAQ SOABCW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2018 22:26:30 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: W7YAQ
Operator(s): W7YAQ
Station: W7YAQ

Class: SOABCW HP
QTH: Sisters OR, CN94
Operating Time (hrs): 20

  160:    28    0       6       2
   80:   127    0      16       6
   40:   335    0      25      13
   20:   427    0      37      29
   15:   178    0      12       7
   10:    49    0       7       2
-------------------------------------
Total:  1144    0     103      59  Total Score = 549,828

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

The rotor for my SteppIR failed a couple of weeks ago with the antenna pointed
East-West.  Last year’s effort was QRP.  So, I decided to run in the HP
category with the KPA500 in hopes of being able to work a few of the loud EU
stations.  The net result was 76 percent North America and 4 percent Europe.
The multiplier total was 103 zones, but only 59 HQ mults.  Of the 45 EU QSOs, 21
were with HQ stations.  I never heard a peep from any Y8 station.

Nevertheless, the domestic action was non-stop, with 6-band QSOs from K0RF,
KI6RRN, NU1AW/9, and VE7XF.  I really enjoy the unique nature of the IARU
contest, but sorry to miss the added dimension of hearing the great WRTC ops in
action this year.

73,
Bob W7YAQ