[3830] IARU K3WJV SOAB(A)CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IARU K3WJV SOAB(A)CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2018 22:51:22 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: K3WJV
Operator(s): K3WJV
Station: K3WJV

Class: SOAB(A)CW HP
QTH: PA
Operating Time (hrs): 16

  160:    5             3       1
   80:   84            13      15
   40:  225            23      35
   20:  308            31      38
   15:   10             4       3
   10:
-------------------------------------

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Almost identical effort as last year with slightly reduced score. Almost no
runs
just like last year but this time I was concentrating on working all the Y block
calls so I fell short on some mults.  Succeeded in sweeping all Y calls on 20
&
40 and worked 34 on 80. If I ever get a 2nd beam I can do a lot more with so2r.
I mainly used the K3 with the new kpa1500 until 40 opened to EU then had both
radios on just to easily switch bands chasing stuff.  One keyboard and no dual
audio.  Had lots of fun on our club chat page joining the crowd trying for a Y
sweep.  Think I should run some more next year.  Congrats to the WRTC operators.

Rural wooded location 1255ft ASL

FT1000MP & Acom 2000a
K3/P3 & KPA1500

2el K4KIO 5 band Hexbeam @30ft  G-450A rotor & Green Heron
Inv vees for 40m-80m-trapped 160 @ 55ft

Palstar HF-AUTO    WinKeyer USB & Vibroplex paddle
Rx ants - 200ft NE/SW kd9sv rbogs staggered & spaced @ 66ft - DXE ncc-2
SO2R >> TopTen DxDoubler-Band Aides-relays-W2VJN stubs
       (not full blown so2r yet - need 2nd beam)

N1MM+ contest logger & DxLab master logger