[3830] IARU IZ3NVR SOABMixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, menon.ste@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] IARU IZ3NVR SOABMixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2018 13:19:14 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: IZ3NVR
Operator(s): IZ3NVR
Station: IZ3NVR

Class: SOABMixed LP
QTH: JN65
Operating Time (hrs): 17

  160:    7                      7
   80:   70             4       22
   40:  171     43      9       31
   20:  267     88     12       32
   15:   77     35      9       22
   10:   25     16      6       12
-------------------------------------
Total:  615    185     40      126  Total Score = 243,024

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

I didn't plan an effort for this one and, till halfay through it, I was not so
keen on taking part. The main goal was to make some contacts and watch WRTC
Scoreboard live to see how the big players were faring.
Contacts kept flowing in at a good rate. There was really quite a participation
and I even didn't bother to put the cluster online. I was simply sweeping the
bands and working whoever I was hearing.

On Saturday I had to stop many times due to family obligations and other
activities. On Saturday evening, after a typical summer storm hit the area, I
found myself with a good amount of QSOs and I was hooked. I decided not to call
it quit and to rush till the end trying to maximize the QSO count and hopefully
work all WRTC stations.
Ended the contest with 800Q (806 with dupes) and quite a decent score all
considered.
Nice to see sporadic activity on 10m. Unfortunately 15 were really poor. Very
few DX stations and especially US stations on 20m. Guess it's mostly due to my
limited antenna.

Took me an etire day to figure out that I worked all of the special Y8xx
stations that were active during the weekend. Although it might not seem such an
accomplishment I'm pretty happy to have achieved it unassisted.

Thanks for all the contacts

RTX: FT-950 + HM Panadapter. 100W
Ant: dipole

IZ3NVR Max Rates:

2018-07-14 1214Z - 3,0 per minute  (1 minute(s)), 180 per hour by IZ3NVR
2018-07-14 1549Z - 1,7 per minute  (10 minute(s)), 102 per hour by IZ3NVR
2018-07-14 1614Z - 1,1 per minute  (60 minute(s)), 67 per hour by IZ3NVR

IZ3NVR Runs >10 QSOs:

2018-07-15 0859 - 0912Z,   14047 kHz, 15 Qs, 71,6/hr IZ3NVR