[3830] IARU KE0OR SOABSSB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dan-arrl@droyer.org
Subject: [3830] IARU KE0OR SOABSSB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2018 03:52:43 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: KE0OR
Operator(s): KE0OR
Station: KE0OR

Class: SOABSSB LP
QTH: EN34it
Operating Time (hrs): 8
Radios: SO2R

  160:   0       0      0       0
   80:   0       0      0       0
   40:   0       9      2       3
   20:   0      30      9       4
   15:   0       0      0       0
   10:   0       0      0       0
-------------------------------------
Total:   0      39     11       7  Total Score = 1,926

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

This was my first use of my new rig (Flex 6600m)in a contest on SSB only.  My
antenna was a 20/40m inverted V up approximately 40 feet.  I'm in a low area in
Bloomington, MN  but the sensitivity and selectivity of the new radio gave me
fighting chance to produce a few interesting contacts.   I was able to log a
half dozen new countries.

The phone bands were very crowed when open and my antenna, and limited power
were obvious constraints when they were open. I could heard much more than could
hear me.  The contest was still a great experience.  I'm looking forward to
future CW and digital activities.