[3830] IARU K6NA SOABCW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6na@cts.com
Subject: [3830] IARU K6NA SOABCW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2018 00:09:38 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: K6NA
Operator(s): K6NA
Station: K6NA

Class: SOABCW HP
QTH: SDG
Operating Time (hrs): 22

  160:    19    0       5       1
   80:   123    0      13       5
   40:   415    0      33      31
   20:   563    0      36      36
   15:    91    0      16      13
   10:     6    0       2       0
-------------------------------------
Total:  1217    0     105      86  Total Score = 771,831

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Always fun in IARU-HF, because summertime conditions are so unpredictable.
Intended a more serious effort, but Murphy visited in the form of multiple amp
failures in the first hour.  That was a first for me.  Sometimes I could recover
with a restart, after a delay, but not always.  In the second hour I started
having issues with the other amp, too.  Different kind of problem, but a real
time-waster.  Worked lots of stations with just the exciter, while waiting for
an amp to come back up.  I did CQ at times, but did a lot of S&P also... got
caught up in tuning for the HQ stations and also the Y8 stations.  The score
isn't great, but I still had fun and especially liked running into lots of old
friends...!
73, Glenn K6NA