[3830] CQWW VHF N7IR SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n7ir@cox.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF N7IR SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2018 00:44:07 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: N7IR
Operator(s): N7IR
Station: N7IR

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs):
Radios: SO2R

    6:  217   110
    2:   15     5
-------------------
Total:  232   115  Total Score = 28,405

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

The following summary illustrates a point I keep hammering on with my fellow
Outlaws.  FT8 is a great way to get mults and a waste of time when you can use
CW or SSB.  The constant battle over which FT8 mode to use was an additional
speed bump.  This contest doesn't use signal reports.  When the other guy got it
and exchanged only grids, the QSO went very quickly, otherwise not.  Leave the
funny numbers for HF, please.

        Band  Mode   QSOs     Pts  Grd
          50  CW      95      95   55
          50  FT8     49      49   30
          50  USB     73      73   25
         144  USB     15      30    5
       Total  Both   232     247  115

Thanks for the contacts and your patience.

73
Gary, N7IR